HOT APPLIED BITUMINOUS MASTIC USES:
Bituminous mastic (hot applied) has numerous applications in construction such as:
• Joint Filling: Bituminous mastic is used for Filling surface cracks and joints in streets and urbans and suburban roads, runways, pavement, parking lots, ensuring a smooth and continuous surface.
• Waterproofing: It is widely used to provide a waterproof layer in structures like roofs, basements and foundations.
• Flooring: Bituminous mastic can be used as a flooring material for specific applications.
• Crack Sealing: It is employed to seal cracks, waterproofing and filling all cracks and joints in asphalt for prevent water infiltration in asphalt and pavements extending their service life and protection of old asphalt.
• Joint sealing of canals and hydraulic structures.
• Pipe Coating. Bitumen mastic. is used to coat underground pipes and provide protection against corrosion and external influences.
• Bridge Deck Protection: Bituminous mastic is used to protect the concrete decks of bridges from corrosion and deterioration caused by environmental factors.
• As a heat adhesive for fixing steel, concrete and wood segments.
• Soundproofing: In some cases, bituminous mastic is used as a soundproofing material due to its ability to dampen vibrations.