Cold applied bituminous mastic is a type of sealant or adhesive material used in various construction and maintenance applications. Poly Seal CM250 is a cold applied flexible sealant and adhesive based on bitumen rubber, This Mastic is made from bitumen, which is a viscous, black, and sticky substance derived from petroleum, and it is typically applied at ambient temperatures, unlike hot asphalt mixtures that require heating for application.
Penetration 25° C/150g/5sec
Sodium hydroxide 30%
12 month in sealed main package
19 Kg Pail
COLD APPLIED BITUMINOUS MASTIC (Poly seal) USES:
some Poly seal CM250 (BITUMINOUS MASTIC) use :
– Waterproofing : One of the primary uses of cold-applied bituminous mastic is in waterproofing applications and Its often used to seal joints, seams, and gaps in roofing systems, building foundations, and below-grade structures to prevent water infiltration.
waterproofing joint sealant in permanent immersion conditions in various structures, such as water retaining constructions, tunnels and canals, tanks, hydraulic structures undergrounds and basements also for joint in pavements, bridges, gable roofs and asphalt.
– Roofing Repairs: Roofers use cold applied bituminous mastic to patch and repair leaks and cracks in various roofing materials, including asphalt shingles, built-up roofing, and modified bitumen roofing systems.
– Flashing and Sealing: Cold-applied bituminous mastic is used to create watertight seals around roof penetrations like vents, chimneys, and skylights. It is also used for sealing flashing details at roof edges and transitions.
– Pipe and Duct Sealing: Cold-applied bituminous mastic can be used to seal joints and connections in underground pipes, utility ducts, and other similar applications to prevent leakage.
– Concrete Repair: It can be used to repair cracks and spalls in concrete surfaces, such as sidewalks, driveways, and industrial floors.
– Expansion Joint Sealing: In concrete structures like bridges and parking decks, bituminous mastic is used to seal expansion joints, which accommodate the natural movement of the structure due to temperature fluctuations.
– Pavement Maintenance: In road construction and maintenance, bituminous mastic can be used for crack sealing and filling in asphalt pavement.
– Marine Applications: Cold applied bituminous mastic used in marine construction and maintenance to seal joints and seams in docks, piers, and other waterfront structures.
– Gutter and Downspout Repairs: Bituminous mastic (cold applied) can be used to repair and seal leaks in gutters and downspouts, preventing water damage to buildings.
– General Construction: Bituminous mastic – cold applied may be used in various general construction applications where a waterproof, durable seal is required, such as sealing gaps around windows and doors.
and in many other applications ….
Advantages of cold applied bituminous mastic:
• Easy application
• Very good adhesion to concrete, cement and steel substrates
• Resistant to seawater and wastewater • Movement ability u to 15% of average joint width • Thixotropic, thus suitable for vertical joints • Resistant to water pressure • Economic